Account Executive – Communities team
At Cratus our ethos is ‘our world is local’, and this defines us and drives everything we do.
We are a political engagement and community consultation company. Our business is growing and we are looking for a new Account Executive to support the day to day management of client accounts in our Communities team, the newest part of Cratus.
The Communities team act as the eyes and ears of developers when construction work starts, and form the link which brings them closer together with local authorities, councillors and residents. This position will be based in Surrey with a focus on one large housing development in particular, with the added potential for you to take on smaller additional projects as you grow into the role.
Every day will be different but your tasks will include, among other things, helping to organise community events eg. street stalls, meeting local councillors, meeting resident groups, taking minutes, drafting press releases, helping to resolve issues raised by residents, monitoring the media and responding to queries from journalists, writing newsletters and writing web content.
We are looking for applicants with excellent communication skills and of course, a genuine passion for working with local communities.
Full driving licence – essential
A minimum of one year’s experience working in a corporate communications role and / or in another role where you can demonstrate skills in a community engagement or project management environment or in the private, public or third party sector
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with a wide range of people in different environments
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce accurate copy to meet deadlines
- Strong time management with the ability to work on several projects at any one time
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- A great team player, willing to be flexible and take on additional tasks.
- Communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds and build new effective engagement networks
- Learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- Communication and engagement techniques
- The national policy context around local government’s housing agenda
- The workings of local government