Job Title: Junior Communications & Engagement Officer
Working For: Cratus Communications
Salary: £20,000 per year
Established in 2009, born from our Chief Executive’s dedication to local government, Cratus is a political engagement and community consultation company. Bringing together a powerful cross-party team from the top of local government, we provide insight and counsel to clients working with local government as well as the wider public sector.
At Cratus our ethos is ‘our world is local’, and this is right at the heart of everything we do. In our work to create communities on new developments, we work with a wide range of stakeholders and politicians to generate good PR through effective communication strategies, alongside the use of a wide range of different tools to integrate the new community with their existing neighbours.
To support the growth of our Communities team, we are looking for a Junior Executive to support the day to day management of projects and help to develop new business.
We are looking for recent graduates, or those with some relevant experience, who are willing to jump in at the deep end and be rewarded for it.
The successful applicant(s) will have:
- Self-starter, with lots of initiative.
- Good command of written English.
- To be happy and comfortable on the phone.
- To be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- To be organised and capable of working to a deadline.
- To be happy working as part of a team.
- A willingness to learn, particularly in new areas.
- The willingness to support occasional evening and weekend working such as attending and running community events, and attending public forums.
- A driving licence, or commitment to pass your test within 6 months, would be highly desirable.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to build your skillset and experience in communications with a dedicated team. The role is for an initial 6 month period but there are ample opportunities to progress and be given your own project to manage if successful.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Closing Date: 13 December 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and we may recruit to the role before the closing date.