When the planning process ends the site team arrives; all too often just through their first action, whether that be erecting hoarding or making the new development land safe, they can unintentionally cause unrest within the community. Rarely are site delivery teams afforded the luxury of involvement in the planning process and therefore do not benefit from having an appreciation of the existing community nor the local knowledge and relationships that come with that which were built up by the development team over many months or even years before securing consent.
This shift in relationship can be incredibly frustrating for communities, politicians and the site teams themselves as they all seek to establish their positions for the beginning of the delivery phase.
Cratus Communities can provide a full-time dedicated resource for large developments and tailor-made support for smaller sites which can be just as life changing for the local community.
Working closely with site management teams we can work on solving issues and problems faced by residents as and when they arise, consequently creatively strengthening the collaboration between developer, on-site partners and residents.
We build upon the relationships established in the planning process to form strong working relationships with local authority officers, councillors and residents associations, nurturing these through proactive communication so they can weather the ups and downs of the construction phase. By easing the inevitable tensions that occur during construction and taking advantage of the milestones achieved to showcase how you go the extra mile, we make the difference that turns the dynamic from confrontation to collaboration.
The scope of our support will vary for every new project but by way of a guide we can:
- Support you in the event of a major incident and / or provide crisis management
- Act as the key contact for people to turn to, saving on resources for both developers and councils
- Create strong links with local media and make sure your good news stories get maximum coverage
- Produce regular newsletters in print and on email to keep the whole community updated
- Improve your customer satisfaction scores and star ratings
- Engage new residents and avoid negative comments on social media by proactively addressing issues as and when they arise